Nestled into a welcoming embrace, this French country-inspired entryway boasts beautiful walnut finishes in the flooring and stair railing. Soft, muted tones blend with rustic elements, evoking a sense of timeless charm and warmth. The once dwarf feeling door, now looks elevated with a touch of trim detailing and a creative eye to guide your eyes up. Vintage-inspired furnishings and delicate shades of blue complete the scene, inviting visitors into a world where old-world elegance meets pastoral simplicity.
- Paint: Greek Villa from Sherwin Williams painted by Devine Design
- Front Door Paint: Storm Cloud – Sherwin Williams painted by Devine Design
- Door Trim: Installed by B&B Builders
- Stair Railing: Walnut Railing and Spindles by Johnson Brothers
- Flooring: Walnut with an Invisible Finish by High Country Hardwood Flooring
- Light Fixtures/Furniture/Decor: Available at Designed Living, Inc.
A note from the Designers:
The arched front door was chosen because of existing trusses. The ceiling height was higher on inside and looked way too short, so with an inspiration picture, the trim guy created the dramatic trim to give just the right height to the door. We then painted it a beautiful French blue to tie it all together. This French blue was the inspiration color for the entire house. We tried to keep with the French cottage feel, but also add interest and beautiful finishes. Floor the floors and railing, we chose the walnut for the warm color and the beautiful grain. Brandon Adamson created several test areas on the floor with different finish sheens. Any sheen at all created a reflection and masked the beauty of the wood, so we went with the clear stain to bring out the wood grain and then Invisible finish which has a matte finish.